As part of membership of the STFA, all members agree to:
- Use their best endeavors to achieve the requirements of the code.
- Contract with their customers to offer fishing on their premises at times and prices according to the ticket purchased and rules applying If the ticket specifies a fish limit this entitles the angler to the chance of catching fish according to the prevailing weather and water conditions and the application of their skill and perseverance.
- Clearly display opening times.
- Clearly display fishery rules.
- Maintain their fishery so that it is accessible from banks or boats where appropriate, making due allowance for levels of skill.
- Restricted rod number limits where space and numbers of anglers is restricted.
- Make all catch records available for inspection.
- Hold public liability insurance.
- Ensure that all visitors are aware of the potential hazards of the fishery and take any practical action to ensure their safety.